Dana Cup Hjørring - Quality and content
The Dana Cup has been around since 1982, steadily growing each summer from 222 teams to over 1.100 teams from every corner of the World. Dana Cup is Denmark’s largest sporting event and the most international youth soccer tournament in the World.
Albania - Algeria - Antigua and Barbuda - Argentina - Armenia - Australia - Austria - Azerbaijan - Bangladesh - Barbados - Belarus - Belgium - Bermuda - Bolivia - Bosnia-Herzegovina - Brazil - Bulgaria - Burkina Faso - Canada - Cameroon - Chile - China PR - Colombia - Congo - Congo DR - Costa Rica - Côte d'Ivoire - Croatia - Cyprus - Czechoslovakia - Czech Republic - Denmark - Dominican Republic - Ecuador - Egypt - England - Equatorial Guinea - Eritrea - Estonia - Faroe Islands - Finland - France - Georgia - Germany - Ghana - Greece - Greenland - Guatemala - Haiti - Honduras - Hong Kong - Hungary - Iceland - India - Indonesia - Ireland, republic of - Israel - Italy - Japan - Jordan - Kenya - Korea DPR - Korea Republic - Kosovo - Latvia - Lebanon - Liberia - Liechtenstein - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Macedonia, FYR - Malaysia - Malta - Mexico - Moldova - Morocco - Nepal - Netherlands - New Zealand - Nigeria - Northern Ireland - Norway - Pakistan - Palestine - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Réunion - Romania - Russia - Saudi Arabia - Serbia - Scotland - Serbia & Montenegro - Singapore - Slovakia - South Africa - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland - Taipei, Chinese - Tanzania - Thailand - Turkey - Turkmenistan - Uganda - Ukraine - United Arab Emirates - Uruguay - USA - Venezuela - Virgin Islands - Wales – Zambia.
I have a dream
In 1982 the founder of the Dana Cup, John Robert Larsen said "I have a dream" just as Martin Luther King said in his famous freedom speech at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC the 28th of August, 1963. John Robert Larsen's dream was to start an International Youth Soccer Tournament for young soccer players from all around the World to unite and play the beautiful game of football.
Boys B19, B17, B16, B15, B14, B13, B12(7) & B11(7)
Girls G19, G17, G16, G15, G14, G13 and G12(7)
Dana Cup International Football Camp
Dana Cup is proud to present our brand new "International Football Camp" from the 16-22 July, 2017.
Do you want to be a better football player?
We offer professional facilities and professional coaches who have played and coached at the highest levels.
Dana Cup changed Adhithi's life
- The level at the Dana Cup competition was very high, so it created a challenging environment to play at which kept me looking ahead for every match we played! This was the remark from Adhithi Rajgopala, captain of the Indian team "Amma FC" after her coach, Bikram Thockhorn asked why she wants to return to the Dana Cup?
Adhithi Rajgopala played in the Dana Cup for the very first time in 2016 and she will return with her team mates in 2017.
Uniting young soccer players from all around the World to play the beautiful game of football. Are you ready to test your skills against teams from far off corners of the World? Are you ready to make friends across borders, friends that you will remember for years to come? Dana Cup is the answer, both for your football development and your social engagement.
* 115 nations
* 4.129 clubs
* 25.315 teams
* 63.582 games
* 270.229 goals
* More than 1.100 teams from 45 countries
* Denmark's largest sporting event
* The World's third largest youth soccer tournament
* The World's most international youth tournament with 90% foreign teams
* Excellent grass fields in a safe environment
* 20,000 participants playing in international groups
* Kilometers of beautiful sandy beaches close by
* A fantastic organization with top class personal customer service
* Memories for the rest of your life
Boys B19, B17, B16, B15, B14, B13, B12(7) & B11(7)
Girls G19, G17, G16, G15, G14, G13 and G12(7)
French school to form a team together with local Cubans
L’école française de La Havana, a French school located in Cubas capital, is proof of that. Now it looks like the school will strengthen their solidarity with the local Cubans by participating at the Dana Cup. In 2016 the Dana Cup welcomed a new nation, St. Croix and the efforts continue to include the entire World. Up until now, 115 nations have participated and if the efforts pay off in Cuba we can reach 116 nations this year.
- Our visit to the French school where we met with the Sports Director, Aidan Bueno was a fantastic experience with eager young kids who love to play football. Now I hope that we will be able to give them the experience they are wishing for at the Dana Cup this summer, says Dana Cup Director - Jette Andersen. Jette was together with Alison Leigh Forman from Marketing and Mexican, Patricia Espinosa who organized the trip to Cuba and assisted translating in both Spanish and French.
Photo: Jette Andersen chatted lightly with the children at the French school and she has no doubt that they would love to take part in the Dana Cup.
- We had the opportunity to present the Dana Cup, not just the content but the whole idea around the tournament and the children were very wide eyed. I have no doubt that they will do everything they can to be able to come and play football in Hjørring, says Jette Andersen. The Sports Director, Adian Bueno is also very interested. Now we need to discuss this with the parents and we will work towards putting together a trip to the Dana Cup and Europe, says Adian Bueno. As we do daily here in Cuba, we are going to include the children from the local football club in the project. It is very important for our students to have close contact with the local Cuban children and such a football trip will be a fantastic experience.
The Dana Cup delegation had the opportunity to watch the football training where the French school students and the Cuban children participated. The Cuban children have a 41 year old female coach, Yoanis Linaris who is also still playing football. It was a wonderful experience and now our hope is that Cuba will be a new nation, nation number 116.
Photo: A nice football and Dana Cup conversation on the training field in Havana. From the left, Sports Director - Adian Bueno, the 41 year old female coach and national team player - Yoanis Linaris and Dana Cups translator and agent - Patricia Espinosa.
The Cuban press considers the Danish tournament a true adventure
There is no doubt that young Cubans will have a wonderful time, filled with great experiences if they participate at the Dana Cup. We hope to form a close relationship between the Dana Cup and Cuba, so the children can enjoy this experience.
Journalist José Luis López Sado from Juventud rebelde, one of Cuba's national newspapers, showed an enormous interest in helping young Cuban's unite with the rest of the World on the playing fields in Hjørring.
The Cuban journalist made an agreement with the delegation that visited Cuba, to explore the possibilites and José Luis López Sado received an exclusive interview for his Sunday newspaper. The interview has not only be seen all around Cuba but it has been distributed throughout the World via Cuban Ambassies.
For the Dana Cup it is a constant wish to add new nations to the participant statistics. Cuba has shown a more open attitude since 2015, so it is only natural to work towards making Cuba nation number 116 at the Dana Cup this year.
Photo: From the interview in Havanna, from the left Director Jette Andersen - Dana Cup, Journalist José Luis López Sado - Juventud rebelde and Marketing Alison Leigh Forman - Dana Cup.
Warm reception at the Cuban Sports Institution
Cuba is a country that has produced several major sporting persons and athletes and until now, football has been in the shadow of baseball. But today, football is on the rise and at the same time, Cuba since 2015 have a more open policy, the Dana Cup can see an opportunity to include the tropical nation with the already 115 nations that have been represented at the Dana Cup in Hjørring.
A delegation from the Dana Cup has just recently visited Havana.
- I believe that we will see results, perhaps not this year but from 2018. I am without doubt convinced that the Cuba people are interested, says Director - Jette Andersen from the Dana Cup. It is an exciting task to invite Cuban teams to the Dana Cup. Cuba is a nation where baseball is on top but we also experienced during our stay, that the children were playing football everywhere it was possible in Havana.
Jette Andersen admits that it can be difficult to make contacts but it can be achieved.
- Now we have a good understanding about the organization of football in Cuba and it is very different to what we know in Denmark, says Jette Andersen. They do not have clubs as we do in Denmark, they play football in their schools and it is a part of their educational system. This is what we know so far and thus a very important partner in Cuba is INDER, the National Institute of Sports, Physical Education and Recreation.
We received a fantastic welcome and there is no doubt that the Director, Adelaida Ramos Puig, together with three others, will do all she can to see teams from Cuba at the Dana Cup and hopefully already here in 2017. They can see the meaning in uniting Cuban children with other young children from all around the World. At the meeting in Havana there was also a representative from UNICEF, who is also very interested in establishing connections between Cuba and the Dana Cup.
We would like to thank our agent, Patricia Espinosa for all of her assistance in setting up the meetings in Cuba.
Photo: An important meeting with INDER gave hope that Cuba will be represented at the Dana Cup. From the left, Marketing Alison Leigh Forman - Dana Cup, Director Adelaida Ramos Puig - INDER, Amièe Betancourt - UNICEF Cuba and Director Jette Andersen - Dana Cup.
Dana Cup to meet US coaches
The tournament invites the whole world within.
Direct contact with thousands of American soccer coaches will assist in making the Dana Cup Hjørring and even wider tournament. For many years, the Dana Cup have been present when the American soccer coaches meet in Los Angeles at their yearly convention, the NSCAA.
- For many years the number of American teams was very high but after 9/11 there was a major decline. Now we would like to get the numbers back up again, says the Director of the Dana Cup - Jette Andersen.
- The participation of more American teams, means more interest from other nations to participate.
- So being a part of the NSCAA Convention, not only gives more American teams but also more teams from other nations and that makes the Dana Cup Hjørring even more interesting.
Dana Cup is represented at the convention with Director - Jette Andersen, Marketing - Alison Leigh Forman, Accommodation Co-ordinator Bob Knudsen Andersen and Event & Sponsor Director - Mads Larsen. They are excited to welcome guests at the convention.
The convention opens on Thursday the 12th of January and the Dana Cup stand closes again on the 14th of January.
New Dana Cup Video
Dana Cup together with our partners Gistrup Film, have renewed our promotion video for 2017. Our video is a central part of our stand when the Dana Cup opens up on Thursday the 12th of January at the American Coaches Convention NSCAA (National Soccer Coaches Association of America).