Dana Cup helping to sustain sustainable development
The huge youth soccer tournaments, Dana Cup in Hjørring and Norway Cup in Oslo are uniting through a network collaboration with Eir Soccer, who are working together with the UN, the civil society, the private sector and governments all around the World to create platforms that enhance cross-cutting discussions and action for sustainable development through football.
You can read more about the project here
We are counting down...
The Director of the Dana Cup, Jette Andersen, has the following message:
- Everyone here at the Dana Cup and Hjørring Community are preparing to welcome guests from near and far, in the best possible surroundings. We are getting ready for a week filled with fantastic football, friendships across borders and activities on the sidelines. It will be an event that you have never experienced before and will never forget!
Welcome - everyone - to the Dana Cup Hjørring 2017.
New agreement is a major plus for the Dana Cup!
Dana Cup and Fortuna Hjørring have made a sponsor and partnership agreement with the global sportswear and equipment company - New Balance. The agreement will commence from 1 July, which means the Dana Cup 2017 will highlight this new partnership.
Ambitious elite concept in Denmark
Dana Cup Academy offers development for women football players for the highest elite level
Dana Cup Academy in Hjørring will open in August 2017. The academy is the first of its kind in Denmark. Dana Cup Academy offers Danish and international female football players personal development with football as the main focus but also hand in hand with other educational options, tailor made for each individual student.
The academy has first class facilities and top level coaches. The schooling and studies are adapted to each individuals wishes and level and there is a wide range of different educational institutes located close to the Dana Cup Academy.
We are extremely happy to participate in the Dana Cup Hjørring. It is fantastic to be able to offer our players such an experience.
Chairman and U15 coach
Transport to and from Dana Cup Hjørring
As you know we offer free transport to and from your accommodation for Dana Cup participants paying the A-band fee and who are arriving and departing with the:
- Ferry in Frederikshavn, Hirtshals or Grenaa
- Plane in Aalborg or Aarhus
- Train in Hjørring
Here in 2017 we are offering teams the options to be placed on a “Shared bus list” this means we can sign you up if you are interested in sharing a bus to and from any of these paid pick up places and we can try and put your team together if possible in a shared bus. It all depends on arrival dates, times and number of persons but if possible it can help cut the costs of your bus transfer, if not then you still have your bus booking option and or train booking option.
Strong sponsors are now behind Fortuna and Dana Cup Hjørring
From 1st of July, you will see a new logo on the sports clothes that the players wear in Fortuna and new footballs in their games. The new agreement by Fortuna and Dana Cup, with New Balance and SELECT will also see products from these quality sporting brands at the Dana Cup tournament.
- There is established an agreement with major economic content, which is very significant for Fortuna. I also hope that our partners will benefit from engaging as comprehensive as they are in both Fortuna and the Dana Cup – says Jette Andersen.
New Balance are already sponsors in football clubs like Liverpool FC, Celtic FC, FC Porto, Sevilla FC and LOSC Lille while standing behind many of the World’s best football players – like Danish Kasper Schmeichel.
- We are committed to strengthening our presence in the global football market by aligning ourselves with the best international football clubs, players and tournaments – says the General Manager of New Balance Football Richard Wright.
New Balance will engage with the elite and amateur through Fortuna while being a positive partner at the grassroots level through the Dana Cup. See a welcome video from Jürgen Klopp here
The Sales Director and former Danish National Team player Søren Busk from the Danish company SELECT, known to supply the World’s best footballs, is also looking forward to seeing the Danish football roll in Fortuna’s elite games and in the more than 2.000 games played at the Dana Cup. The former Danish footballer, star goalkeeper and founder Eigil Nielsen, had an eye for quality and development and their footballs are renowned for their quality and stability. There is 3,5 million Select footballs sold every year.
SPORTMASTER are also extremely proud with the new agreement and association with Fortuna and Dana Cup.
- We believe that both locally and internationally we have chosen the best partner for our brand. Fortuna Hjørring shares the same values that we have and want at SPORTMASTER. It is a club with vision and they work seriously and diligently. We also wish to do our part in creating more focus for girls and women’s football, so we could not find a better partner – says Sales Manager, Thomas Christensen from SPORTMASTER.
Dana Cup Hjørring - Quality and content
The Dana Cup has been around since 1982, steadily growing each summer from 222 teams to over 1.100 teams from every corner of the World. Dana Cup is Denmark’s largest sporting event and the most international youth soccer tournament in the World.
Albania - Algeria - Antigua and Barbuda - Argentina - Armenia - Australia - Austria - Azerbaijan - Bangladesh - Barbados - Belarus - Belgium - Bermuda - Bolivia - Bosnia-Herzegovina - Brazil - Bulgaria - Burkina Faso - Canada - Cameroon - Chile - China PR - Colombia - Congo - Congo DR - Costa Rica - Côte d'Ivoire - Croatia - Cyprus - Czechoslovakia - Czech Republic - Denmark - Dominican Republic - Ecuador - Egypt - England - Equatorial Guinea - Eritrea - Estonia - Faroe Islands - Finland - France - Georgia - Germany - Ghana - Greece - Greenland - Guatemala - Haiti - Honduras - Hong Kong - Hungary - Iceland - India - Indonesia - Ireland, republic of - Israel - Italy - Japan - Jordan - Kenya - Korea DPR - Korea Republic - Kosovo - Latvia - Lebanon - Liberia - Liechtenstein - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Macedonia, FYR - Malaysia - Malta - Mexico - Moldova - Morocco - Nepal - Netherlands - New Zealand - Nigeria - Northern Ireland - Norway - Pakistan - Palestine - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Réunion - Romania - Russia - Saudi Arabia - Serbia - Scotland - Serbia & Montenegro - Singapore - Slovakia - South Africa - Spain - Sweden - Switzerland - Taipei, Chinese - Tanzania - Thailand - Turkey - Turkmenistan - Uganda - Ukraine - United Arab Emirates - Uruguay - USA - Venezuela - Virgin Islands - Wales – Zambia.
I have a dream
In 1982 the founder of the Dana Cup, John Robert Larsen said "I have a dream" just as Martin Luther King said in his famous freedom speech at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC the 28th of August, 1963. John Robert Larsen's dream was to start an International Youth Soccer Tournament for young soccer players from all around the World to unite and play the beautiful game of football.
Boys B19, B17, B16, B15, B14, B13, B12(7) & B11(7)
Girls G19, G17, G16, G15, G14, G13 and G12(7)
Dana Cup International Football Camp
Dana Cup is proud to present our brand new "International Football Camp" from the 16-22 July, 2017.
Do you want to be a better football player?
We offer professional facilities and professional coaches who have played and coached at the highest levels.
Dana Cup changed Adhithi's life
- The level at the Dana Cup competition was very high, so it created a challenging environment to play at which kept me looking ahead for every match we played! This was the remark from Adhithi Rajgopala, captain of the Indian team "Amma FC" after her coach, Bikram Thockhorn asked why she wants to return to the Dana Cup?
Adhithi Rajgopala played in the Dana Cup for the very first time in 2016 and she will return with her team mates in 2017.