Young people from all around the World march into the grassed field at Bredbånd Nord Arena, when we mark the official opening of the Dana Cup. It is a grand tradition that the participants look forward to.
The parade begins at the HALLEN Park Vendia and moves through the city streets. A marching band leads the thousands of young people to the opening where they will experience the atmosphere that will be felt during the whole week.
At the stadium the Mayor of Hjørring will open the tournament. When everyone has arrived to the stadium, the Mayor will give his opening speech. Before this a warm up music band will entertain those who are not taking part in the parade.
A concert with one of Denmark´s hottest bands will round off the opening ceremony.
The opening ceremony for the Dana Cup
- 18.45 HALLEN Park Vendia - meet for the parade.
- 19.30 HALLEN Park Vendia - parade starts.
- 19.30 Bredbånd Nord Arena - entertainment.
- 20.10 Bredbånd Nord Arena - the parade arrives.
- 20.40 Bredbånd Nord Arena - opening speech by the Mayor, Arne Boelt and the raising of the flag.
- 20.45 Bredbånd Nord Arena - concert.
- 21.30 The opening ceremony is over.